Friends raising money to help Noah afford therapy and adaptive equipment.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thank you ABC 4 News!

Our little Noah was featured on ABC 4 news last night with a short little clip and people were so in love with the story they were writing and calling in to get more info about Noah!  The producers called me this afternoon and said they are going run a longer story today at 5 and 10!  They are also going to follow us to Shriner's tomorrow to pick up the chair!!

I was prompted by a friend to tell you a little about financially what it's like to have a permanently disabled child.  Every month we literally spend hundreds of dollars paying for diapers, co pays, medication, doctor bills, and gas in our vehicle. 

One of my friends found out we were struggling and sent our story to ABC 4 news.  My husband is a wonderful provider and a hard worker.  With that being said, there is just NO way financially to be prepared for this. We have been struggling since Noah was born, however September of last year the hardship really started.  Noah had a baclofen pump put in to help him with how tight his muscles were, that got infected and then got his shunt infected.  We were in the hospital for 3 weeks with Noah on an external drain connected to his brain that was draining the spinal fluid.  That was the surgery that just made things spiral downward.

Our friends and family have been SO incredibly generous and have kept us a float, donating funds for Now I Can (intensive therapy) helping us pay some of our bills that we couldn't cover.  We are still having a hard time but it gives us such strength to see people from our community who don't even know Noah contact us and tell us they want to help!  It brings tears to my eyes!!  Thank you for your love and support for this precious little boy!

Crystal Harper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crystal,

I admire you and your husband both so much. I had taken care of a disabled person in a wheelchair for many years, and I know how difficult it really is. This story has touched me as no other and I have actually posted it on Facebook asking my friends to donate.

I'm so happy to read the wonderful results of the ABC4 story on your blog. Bless you and your whole family

Crystal said...

thank you so much for caring about our little Noah!